Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am an addict...

I can no longer suffer in silence.  And I no longer want to suffer alone.  So here's my confession.

I live for Thursdays.  It's the day I can finally get my fix.

Tamale Thursday at Cafe Rio.  Ahhh, that's the stuff!
I've been Cafe Rio'ing for well over a decade.  St.George, Provo, Fort Union, Taylorsville, Draper, Layton, South Jordan- I've had each of their numbers programmed in my phone at one time or another, and now I can get the goods right here in my own little town.

I used to be a chicken salad girl (either dressing, black beans), then I defected to chicken burritos (enchilada style, of course).  When I was pregnant I discovered Salmon Tacos made life worth living, and everyone likes a good pork salad.  But it's nothing like this.  To celebrate our new, local Cafe Rio I decided to try the tamales and I'll never be the same again.  So delicious!  So savory and good!  I recommend the pork and you'll need to order two.  But remember, you'll want them on Monday and Saturday and all the days in between- but you can ONLY get them on Thursday!



I've had dinner in the crockpot since 10am, and Kyle just called to see if I thought he should pick up some tamales.  I couldn't resist, I had to say yes.  So now I'm packing up dinner- we can always eat it tomorrow.  But tonight, sweet Thursday, we'll feast on tamales.

My name is Jodi and I'm a Tamale-aholic.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I am intrigued!

about us said...

Oh man...now I have to wait a whole week to try them. It can be my "last supper" before the c-section next Friday! I'll be thinking of (and thanking) you!