I love General Conference. As little kids my parents taught us to stop and listen when the leaders of the church were speaking. I'm trying to teach my boys too. My best trick from General Conference was that whenever President Monson spoke at the pulpit we all got a treat. The boys were so excited every time they saw him, and now Zach can identify him. It was fun to hear their excitement, "President Monson is speaking!"
As I was helping my friend find the conference talks online yesterday (lds.org), I discovered some talks I needed to read and reread. A blessing! The one that's been up on my computer since then is from the Priesthood Session, from Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the Seventy. It is entitled, "I Love Loud Boys". I saw it and thought, "That's a talk for me." Sure enough, it was. They all are.
Here is my new favorite quote "...let us love our boys—although some of them are loud boys. Let us teach them to change their lives."
It's such a good quote I'd stick it on my fridge, but my fridge is stainless and my magnets won't stick to it. Luckily the fingerprints from my loud boys stick just fine and they will serve as my reminder to love them.
2 comments:
That was my favorite talk from the priesthood session as well. It was delivered with a health dose of good humor. Got to love those boys!
:) love the fridge notes.
Post a Comment